Pinellas Support Team
The Pinellas Support Team (PST) is a behavioral health program that provides services to families in Pinellas County with children in pre-kindergarten through high school, who are experiencing difficulties at school due to behavioral or emotional issues.
There are an increasing number of school-age children with behavioral issues that impede their ability to function optimally at home and school, affecting a child's ability to lean and perform well academically. The (PST) is family driven and strength-based, and provides educational, supportive and preventative services through a collaborative effort to support children and their families. Families are afforded provision of services in the neighborhood setting of their choice, including in-home services. Spanish speaking staff is available.
- Behavior Modification
- Individual and Family Counseling
The following families are eligible for PST:
- Families living in Pinellas County and having a child living in the home under the age of 18
- Parent/guardian agreeing to participate in counseling or behavior management services
- Children at risk and in need of counseling and/or behavioral support
- Children at risk of more restrictive academic placement
- Children struggling academically
- Families who need intensive services
- Children experiencing behavioral problems at home and/or school
- Families/individuals who do not have insurance for mental health services or who request not to utilize private insurance
The PST collaborates with six elementary schools in Pinellas County through Central Florida Behavioral Health Network and accepts funding from the Juvenile Welfare Board of Pinellas County, The Children's Services Council of Pinellas County, and the Pinellas County School District.
For more information about this program, please call (727) 785-2762.